in the green heart of italy
Umbria, "the green heart of Italy", has a wonderful heritage to which, at Le Tre Vaselle, as throughout the Lungarotti Group, we commit ourselves with integrity, involving all employees in every single department.
Le Tre Vaselle is housed in an eighteenth century building which has been skilfully adapted to the suit the needs of our guests, in strict accordance with the urban context of the medieval village of Torgiano keeping intact the beauty of the ancient origins are kept intact every form of historic culture within the area is preserved.
Responsible behavior towards the environment is our moral duty, over and above the legal obligation: we are committed to comply with various discreet measures to preserve everything that surrounds us and makes it the unique place where, with great pleasure, we decided to conduct our profession.
how we reduce our environmental impact
Here are some things that, day to day, help us to keep the project of preservation to and enhancement of the environment alive:
- 1 We recycle paper and cardboard, organic waste, glass, plastic and aluminium.
- 2 Delivery of all materials that are potentially harmful to the environment (batteries, used oil, old mattresses, etc.) to highly specialized companies.
- 3 All our waste is subject to collection.
- 4 Water Conservation
- The new cassette flushing toilets do not flush more than 6 liters of water at a time.
- All equipment for the installation of water and sanitation are constantly maintained in order to avoid all forms of waste / water leaks.
- 5 Energy saving
- Within the resort there is a solar panel system that contributes significantly to heating the water used within the spa.
- Our complete lighting system consists of lamps with low energy consumption: incandescent bulbs were replaced with low energy or LED spotlights in corridors, rooms, lobby, common areas and meeting rooms’.
- The heating and air conditioning are turned off when rooms are unoccupied.
- All rooms are equipped with a thermostat that enables manipulation of the heating and cooling system, allowing the host to achieve the desired temperature.
- Automatic systems keep lighting to a minimum when rooms are vacant (One lamp is always powered by electricity).
- The air conditioner turns off automatically when windows are opened, thus avoiding unnecessary energy waste.
- The ventilation / air handling units are constantly maintained ensuring efficient and relevant legislation relating to the use and recovery of refrigerants is respected.
- In the garden there are thermal panels which largely contribute to the hotel’s hot water supply.
- 6 Throughout the hotel the ventilation system is constantly maintained to ensure proper airflow and air quality.
- 7 Use of raw materials at 0 km in our restaurant (90 %); this helps to increase the degree of freshness and authenticity of the dish served. In this way we can offer our guests fresh seasonal produce with maximum flavour and taste.
- 8 Adopt a policy to encourage the reuse of towels in hotel rooms and Spa: every day our guests can choose whether or not to change the sheets and towels. This program dramatically helps reduce the use and waste of water and energy.
- 9 Adoption of recycling policy in hotel rooms.
- 10 Reallocation of room key cards.
- 11 Conversion of table linen and worn bedding material can be reused for room cleaning.
- 12 Use of paraben free products.
- 13 All of our staff is trained in sustainability procedures.
We want to thank you in advance for your help to conserve the environment around us and our beautiful region of Umbria, which we hope will help enrich your stay.